Saturday, March 13, 2010

What I Really Think About The Last 2 Weeks of School

Please tell me there's an end to these sordid days. Far too long I've been dragging myself to school with only the half-assed conviction of somehow snatching something essential and useful (for me at least), instead of an innane melting pot of facts and figures I feel totally divorced with. I wake up to each day and long to ponder the meaning of life, the intricacies of living; to find that solitary ignition that will singe the fringes of this clockwork routine; to seek and rediscover my passion, dulled by my inability to make use of it in this highly contradictory setting, and gathering dust.

But what the hell happens?

I am weighed down by the heaviness of the unending pile of requirements, of lectures I'd rather not attend, of the demands thrown upon thrd year Management Engineering students, of issues of note and other distractions. I feel the contraction of a world slowly robbed of light, like a listless fellow thrown into an abysmal well, second by second losing sight of that which is truly essential.

I am losing the ability to keep silent. To listen. With everything happening the way it is, my mind is aflux even in the most opportune moments for reflection. But I've come to discover that even in this most sordid state, the countless aphorisms I have been exposed to throughout the years have not lost their luster; that I still have the balls to believe that there is something more to life than the routinary demands of this system and that moreover, that there is something I can do about it.

Sigh.

I can't wait for summer. :))

No comments: